The water is said to be suitable for drinking if it does not contain more than 4 milligrams of chlorine in a liter of water. Sadly, this is not always the case, and this quantity goes above the limit more often than under the limit.
Testing the water you drink is always recommended and a pretty good and helpful option. You can easily do that using a Tester, also known as test strip, which will help you examine the quality of the water you drink and the quantity of chlorine in it.
However, it is recommended that you filter the water you drink, as chlorine can be very dangerous for our entire body on the long-term.
Drinking chlorinated water raises the risk of developing bladder cancer, increases the cholesterol levels, causes allergies and asthma. It can also do harm to your skin, eyes, and the respiratory tract.
Numerous health organizations often advise us to clean the water we drink from chlorine as often as possible.
How to remove the chlorine?
One of the simplest ways for water purifying is adding at least several drops of lemon juice to your cup every time you drink water, as vitamin C is known water purifier.
Also, you can use vitamin C tablets for purifying the water. The recommended ratio normally is a milligram of vitamin C for a liter of water, but if you want, you can add some more of vitamin C, depending on the quantity of chlorine in the water.
Another method for purifying the drinking water is by using water filters which are mounted on the faucets. Another way of getting rid of the chlorine is leaving a water container open, so the chlorine transforms into a gaseous state and evaporates. Nevertheless, the chlorine usually takes two to three days to evaporate totally.
You can also eliminate chlorine by boiling the water before you consume it. Let it boil for at least fifteen minutes, and then, once it gets cold, you are free to consume it.
health and fitness
health and fitness magazine
healthy food definition
healthy food to lose weight
healthy food recipes