Depression is a very common illness or mental disorder. So many people all over the world suffer from depression every year. Depression affects you in many ways, sadness, sleeping difficulties, weight loss, loss of energy and social withdrawal are some of the common symptoms of depression. Depression can be mild to severe depending upon the symptoms. Proper treatment is required to get rid of depression, as untreated depression may cause adverse affects. Here are some of the effects:
1. Problems in your routine work at home or at your work place, due to which you may loose your job.
2. It can spoil your relationship with your loved ones, the divorce rate due to depression are becoming high.
3. Causes physical problems, such as severe pain in the stomach and headache.
4. Sleep deprivation or sleeping disorder Insomnia, as a result of which sufferer experiences loss of energy all most entire day, irritation, difficulty in concentration, early waking ups, disrupted sleep, difficulty getting off to sleep etc.
5. Alcohol and drugs abuse is also very common, the effects of alcohol and drugs are, Regular fights at home, memory loss, and the most dangerous one is severity of depression.
6. Suicidal attempts are the reason of untreated depression, suicides have been reported so many times because of severity of depression, and it has all the chances to become severe with the passage of time.
7. Causes coping up with health diseases, such as heart diseases, stroke etc. because of depression patients do not follow the proper healing procedure as a result of which it becomes deadly dangerous to cope up with health illness. Death of heart patients in few months after heart attack has been noticed.
Untreated depression may lead to madness. Manic depression or clinical or chronic depression is the most dangerous types of depression. If the proper treatment is not sought or left untreated it may lead to madness. It is very important to seek help from the specialists when you notice you or someone in your family or friends is suffering from manic depression. Manic depression commonly exhibit symptoms; severe Insomnia, increased energy, unacceptable social behavior, inability to take wise decisions, Fast speech with high volume, racing thoughts, Increased sexual desire, offensive etc.
If you find any of the above symptoms you need to be alert and seek help, if you ignore these symptoms, these symptoms will become more severe and will put you in the state of madness. Manic depression is very much treatable if proper treatment technique is followed. Numbers of treatment methods are available to for depression such as Psychotherapy, medication, Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) etc. Psychotherapy methods are the best methods to nullify manic depression. Anther very good treatment method is ECT it is most trustable treatment method to get respite from depression. Consult with your family doctor or specialist for the proper treatment plan.