There are two kinds of gallstones: cholesterol stones and pigment stones. Cholesterol stones have a greenish part yellowish color. These are the most common types of gallstones. While the pigment ones are darker and smaller.
There are many reasons that can cause this problem. Some of them are:
- excessive weight
- bad diet
- issues with the gallbladder
6 Home Remedies for Gallstones
If you were wondering how you can treat gallstones with homemade remedies, here are some of the best ones that might help you.
Psyllium contains plenty of soluble fiber, which probably makes it a good remedy for treating gallstones. Furthermore, the fiber binds to the cholesterol in the bile and helps prevent the forming of new gallstones.
Also, it is a food that can reduce the risk of the gallbladder becoming congested. As a result, it can boost the normal bowel movements and prevent constipation. To make this remedy here is what you should do:
- in a glass of water mix one tablespoon of psyllium powder
- drink the remedy 2 times per day
- keep consuming the remedy until you have removed the gallstones
Note: When you take this remedy make sure that you drink plenty of water. The psyllium quickly absorbs all the water. Therefore, this is a crucial step in making the remedy more effective.
2. Milk Thistle
This herb may be a good remedy for treating gallstones. Due to the silymarin, it contains, it can boost the bile production, decrease its concentration, and help the body remove the gallstones. Moreover, it can boost the liver functions.
Here is what you will need to make this remedy.
- put a tablespoon of milk thistle seeds in a grinder (preferably coffee grinder) and grind them well
- put 3 cups of water in a pot and add the crushed seeds in the same pot
- bring the water to a boil
- once it starts to boil, turn off the heat and let the remedy simmer for about 20 minutes.
- strain the remedy and add honey to taste
- drink it 2 or 3 times per day for 1 week
If you want more information about this remedy, make sure to consult with your doctor. They will inform you about the proper dosage.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil contains anti-inflammatory compounds. As a result, it can reduce the gallbladder pain, inflammation, and the number of gallstones. To make this remedy here is what you should do:
- warm 1 cup of castor oil in a pan
- soak a cheesecloth in the oil and squeeze the excess out
- put the soaked cloth on the stomach where the gallbladders are
- wrap your stomach in plastic sheet
- let the remedy rest for about an hour
- repeat the procedure 3 times per week or until you completely recover
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most common remedy for treating gallstones. It can soothe the pain and help dissolve the gallstones. Here is what you should do to make this remedy:
- in a glass of apple juice add 1 tablespoon of ACV and mix well
- consume the remedy whenever you feel pain
Plus, there is a different remedy with ACV that might also help. To make it you will need to:
- mix 2 teaspoons of ACV with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a glass of warm water
- drink it on an empty stomach in the morning
This might be a very useful herb for treating gallstones. It can help the bile excretion and detoxify the fat accumulated in the liver. Here is what you will need to make this remedy:
- add 1 teaspoon of dandelion root (dried) in a cup
- pour boiling hot water over the dandelion and let it steep for a couple of minutes
- strain the herb and add honey to taste
Note: People with diabetes must avoid dandelion.
This ingredient can boost digestion by stimulating the digestive juices. Also, it might be able to help the body dissolve the gallstones and relieve the pain. Here is what you will need to do to make this remedy:
- in a cup of boiling water add 1 teaspoon of dry peppermint leaves
- turn off the heat and let the remedy steep for 5 minutes
- strain and add honey to taste
- consume this remedy 2 times per day for 5 weeks
health and fitness
health and fitness magazine
healthy food definition
healthy food to lose weight
healthy food recipes